BECOME AN AMMA MEMBER
Benefits of Membership
- Interact with peers, community and the fellowship
- Stay connected with the Australian and New Zealand Army, Navy and Air Force
- Receive a copy of AMMA’s publication, Journal of Military and Veterans’ Health (JMVH) published four times annually. We welcome contributions from new authors and reviewers. Please visit www.jmvh.org
- As a member you are entitled to access reduced registration fees to attend AMMA education opportunities, including the Annual Conference and Workshops
- Take advantage of your membership to gain access to the Awards & Grants available. These are awarded annually and open to all members Click Here
- Become more involved in AMMA – all members have the opportunity to nominate for the AMMA Council, when a vacancy occurs
- All new members receive a membership certificate and welcome pack, and will be acknowledged and welcomed at AMMA’s Annual General Meeting held in conjunction with the annual conference
- AMMA membership entitles you to voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- Opportunity to purchase AMMA Merchandise
Membership Fees – All prices are inclusive of GST (Excluding Overseas Memberships)
|Type of Membership||Price||Once-off Joining Fee|
|Retiring Members – Single Fee||$539.00||NA|
|Retiring Members – Annual||$77.00||NA|
NOTE: Period of Membership
1/7/2021 – 30/6/2022. You will be asked to renew your membership at the end of each financial year.
Any person who, in the opinion of the council, has a suitable tertiary qualification or who has significant standing or experience in the field of Military Medicine and who has completed the application procedure as set out in these rules shall be admitted to the association as full members.
Any person who has a genuine interest in military medicine or any related field, and who is not qualified to join under any other membership category, may be elected as an associate member. Associate members shall have no voting rights nor shall they be admitted to the
council. In all other matters associate members may partake of the association’s activities.
Any person who is undertaking a course of studies that will, when completed, in the opinion of the council, qualify that person to be a full member of the association may be elected as a student member.
Any Member who having retired and receiving no income from personal services relating to practice within one of the health professions, and having been a financial member of the association for a minimum continuous period of 7 years immediately preceding retirement may elect to become a retired member by either paying a single fee equivalent to 7 years subscription in the year of their retirement or paying an annual fee equivalent to 50% of the normal fee. A retired member who elects to pay a single fee will not be required to pay any further membership fees unless he/she ceases to be retired from practice. A retired member who elects to pay a reduced annual fee may elect to pay a single fee equivalent to 7 years subscription at any time subsequently but will receive no credit for fees previously paid as a retired member. Re-tired members will be entitled to all the privileges of a full member.
Additional postage costs may be incurred for overseas members.